Sunday, May 19, 2013

Graduation! part 1...

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="576"] Graduation Day[/caption]

One of the biggest accomplishments of my life so far has been graduating college with a degree in Electrical Engineering (with a minor in robotics). It certainly proves that perseverance trumps pure intelligence alone. Ignorance is what set me sailing towards this degree as I sat in front of my computer 4 years ago and said, 'hm, I'm going to be an electrical engineer' then proceeded to Google 'what is an electrical engineer?'.

I was attending North Shore Community College at the time and was doing quite well (to put my abilities in perspective though, in high school, if you organized my graduating class in ascending GPA order, you'd find me spack-dap in the middle). Turns out people have unlimited potential, but some choose to keep it dormant. I did, until fear of not succeeding in my degree caused my social life to go out the door and ended up spending any free time studying.

Turning a long, arduous story short, I graduated Cum Laude and am wearing that yellow stole because I was the president of Eta Kappa Nu (HKN), the electrical and computer engineering society at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. The blog post titled 'Graduation! part 2...' will come next year when I finish my graduate studies in computer engineering. Here's to perseverance!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Degree in Electrical Engineering[/caption]

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment