Monday, June 10, 2013

EEG Interface

[caption id="attachment_144" align="aligncenter" width="300"]EEG Headset Emotiv's EEG Headset[/caption]

I have been awaiting the arrival of this EEG (electroencephalogram) computer interface for a few weeks and it has arrived today! The company that makes this technology is Emotiv and you can purchase your own headset very easily. Check out their website for a tour of the device and to understand how it works.



My Goals with EEG


The main use for this headset is to interface your own brainwaves with a computer. What this means is that you can actually control software (which can manipulate hardware) through your thoughts, emotions, and facial movements. The implications for me using this device are huge because I deal with assistive technology. I'm afraid there will be quite a learning curve with this device, however my first goal will be to control my Robotic Feeding Arm with my thoughts (this would obviously replace the two push-button interface).

I'll keep the blog updated with any progress I make towards obtaining this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment